Sunday, January 10, 2016

New Cover Variations For My Novels





Here are two different cover variations for my novels, The Death of Death and Autonomously Yours.

For Death I just changed the font to a font I found to better fit my original desire for it. It's a little more gothic than what I originally used, which, I think, was Hoefler Text. A good, gothic font, but just not gothic enough for my tastes. Trattatello is what I'm using now, and I love it. It's just the right amount of goth I was looking for.

For Autonomously, I've also changed the font, but the most noticeable change I've made was to the Compandroid's pupil. It now looks like the original vision I had in my head for the cover. I asked a couple of people their opinions on which I should do, the broken electronic heart pupil, or the normal one and the normal one won out, but I've always preferred this version which I think is more visually striking. I've also added a small border, just because I like the look of it.

I've posted all four versions for comparison's sake. Which do you prefer?







No comments:

Post a Comment